You’ll conduct research to learn more about certain topics in computing. Then you’ll share your research findings with other people.
Here are the basic steps for the research report:
- 1.Choose a research focus for the assigned topic
- 2.Conduct your research to gather information
- 3.Analyze and summarize your research findings
- 4.Choose a report format, and create your research report
- 5.Share your research report with the class (and beyond)
Here are some guidelines to follow when conducting research to gather information:
- Be sure to create a citation for each information source:
- Avoid plagiarism of other people's writing and ideas:
- Avoid copyright infringement of images or other media:
Select one of these digital formats to report and share your research findings:
- slide presentation
- web page
- paper or blog post
- poster or infographic
- data visualization
- another format of your choice (with approval from your teacher)
- Be prepared to share your research report with the class, give a brief verbal summary (approximately 3-5 minutes), and then answer questions from the audience.
- Be sure your research report can be shared digitally with others outside the classroom (via email, link, or social media post).